Job Title: Maintenance Worker
Ministry: St. Joseph Catholic Church
Physical Address: 210 W. Lemon Street, Lakeland, FL 33815
Brief Description of Job:
St. Joseph Catholic Church is actively seeking a Maintenance Worker to provide light maintenance services within the established procedures and policies of the parish.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains building interiors by inspecting and directing cleaning crew.
- Maintains floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, vacuuming and cleaning carpeting, if needed, outside cleaning crew responsibilities.
- Cleans and resupplies restrooms [if needed, outside cleaning crew].
- Performs general cleaning and disinfecting using approved solvents and appropriate tools.
- Removes trash by emptying trash containers; transports materials to disposal area; recycles materials.
- Services and/or reports mechanical malfunctions.
- Performs seasonal work surrounding special meetings and events.
- Is aware of, reports and removes possible safety hazards.
- Order paper towels, toilet tissue, plastic bags and keep supplied to areas for cleaning crew.
- Knowledge of ventilation/air conditioning, heating, refrigeration, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, other generally accepted maintenance skills.
- Knowledge of ADA laws.
- Write up specifications for projects for Business Manager and oversee projects and work scheduling.
- Performs light maintenance as directed.
- Provides set-up and cleaning of facilities for evenings or weekend activities on an “as needed” basis.
- Maintains “customer” confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Continually monitors timeliness to achieve timely completion of all jobs.
- Performs other duties as requested and needed.
- High school Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must possess necessary janitorial skills, the ability to perform outlined task with minimum supervision, be self-motivated and have some general knowledge of janitorial supplies and their applications.
- Have the ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters.
- Must successfully pass Diocesan background screening and Safe Environment Training.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to communicate in both oral and written form.
- Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships, demonstrates sensitivity and respect a diverse population.
- Ability to properly schedule, prioritize and completes tasks within allocated time.
- Requires knowledge of the proper use and disposal of hazardous materials, safe handling techniques and use of proper safety equipment as outlined by OSHA.
- Assist with maintenance at St. Joseph Academy when needed.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver’s License and insurance coverage as directed by the Diocese.
- Meet physical requirements including: stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs/ladders and ability to lift/carry heavy loads of 75 lbs. or more
Qualified applicants may submit a resume and completed Job Application to Christina Coffey, St. Joseph Catholic Church:
- P.O. Box 30, Lakeland, FL
- Via email to Christina using her first initial and last name (ccoffey) @stjosephlakeland.org.
- Or you may stop by the Pastoral Center at 118 West Lemon Street to obtain a copy of the job description and job application.